Hungry? You can find my recipe blog here

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air

Oh, Sunday evening, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Planning my week with a cup of chocolate yogi tea, flipping through art books because I can, and daydreaming about what I'd like to do for my month-long break from school. Yes, that's my version of contentment.

New years always brings a positive shift in my life, be it a result of the holiday or the sun shifting cycles, I don't know, but it makes a measurable impact on how I feel. Until January, a tension builds in the way I live-I do a lot, I do it quickly, and I don't really stop and smell the roses. Until suddenly we flip a digit into a new year and it's like I've plunged into a warm, deep hot tub-everything relaxes and I can't help but sigh every 2 and a half minutes about how simply nice everything is.

This year, my transition was aided by a spur-of-the-moment trip to Budapest for the Couchsurfing Winter Camp. I arrived just in time for the new years party at Citadella, the "capitol hill" of Buda. I met with old friends, a met a few new ones, and felt again that steady current of life in me that has been a little evasive this winter. New energy seeping up from my toes, aided by dancing, walking, talking, laughing. Those four seem to be my staples in life, and I'm glad to be enjoying them all again. Bring it on, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment