Hungry? You can find my recipe blog here

Friday, September 26, 2008

Weekend!

Finallllllllyyyyy.......this week was a long one. I started with my normal yoga routine and work, and somehow managed to build a small, 5-day social empire, including 1 night out with friends, 2 nights cooking dinner for friends, a modern-dance class (/potential employment opportunity...more babysitting!), a movie night, and NOT enough sleep! Last night, all was remedied with a good solid 9 hours. Ahhhhhhhhhh.........

This week is the first I feel a little like myself in all these new situations. Even in moments of extreme unease, I could just suck it up a little bit and let it go. for example, the other night I had my first class of observing 'adjustments' in class while my teacher helped people with poses. This is something I love about her classes-that she quietly helps you to find a small glitch in alignment while seeming to be barely there. Obviously, I would love to learn this technique. NOT as easy as one suspects! In fact, this peaceful, calming presence is given off by someone who is almost racing around the room (unbeknownst to the students, who are deepbreathing and focusing elsewhere) hoping to catch the right moment to throw in a soothing touch. I felt slightly panicked and embarrassed to be so confused, but i just kept reminding myself that this is what i'm here to learn. CHILL Erin...

My teacher (ah yes, she does have a name, but let's call her D.) and I both decided that it's better if I focus on my own practice for a while before I do something like that again. I just have no idea what poses really look like from the outside, so it's almost impossible for me to help a stranger with one.

So, now I will be practicing 4-5 times a week, in addition to reading and meeting with D. to talk once a week. Ahhhh, to be doing things again! It feels so great!

Speaking of doing things, today there are a whole slough. there is a concert tonight in the studio, a guy from california in fact, who does yogi-style call and resposnse and some psychedelic stuff. he's playing while we have class for an hour and a half and then giving a concert after with chanting, singing, and 2 musicians. I am going around 12 to help M. (my other teacher) set up the stage and lights, and generally prettify the place. Then, after the class and the concert, I am going to Barbara's going away party. She and Eve have set about making about 500 berliners (like jelly-filled donuts) in every flavor and variety to celebrate her move to Berlin next week. finally, there is the monthly Basel CS meeting tonight, which I am supposed to somehow squeeze in after munching gluten-free berliners...

whatever, my day doesn't start til 12, so I'm reading for the next 3 hours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment